Saturday 24 March 2018

1/12 S.H.Figuarts TMNT Raphael Figure Review

Once again I'm looking at Figuarts interpretation of the heroes in a half shell. Raphael to be more specific, from the original cartoon series.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and review.

I've already covered my fondness for the original 1987 tv series in my first post.

What I will just say on this post it that it always surprises me how old the actual Turtles francise is. I always think the Turtles TV series happened in the 90's but by 1990 the turtles phase had kind of peaked. After the Secret of the Ooze movie in 91 the Turtles fandom slowly cooled off.


Sculpt: I've already covered the sculpt in my Mikey review, and really all four Turtles are the same across the board. They are done to a very high standard and capture the cartoonish look well. As I stated in the previous review, maybe they were a hair off nailing the look of the original cartoon series. The heads are just a little flat for my liking. Having said all that, the sculpt's great and I do like that Raphel has a sterner facial expression which matches his character well.



Paint: There's a theme here ha, I basically already said what I need to say on the Mikey review. No real complaints at all other than the belt buckle should have been gold. I prefer the more modern iterations of the Turtles where each Turtle is slightly different in shade but meh I guess it made animating the series easier if they were all the same colour.


Articulation: Exactly the same as Michelangelo's articulation. Check out the post for more info. Summed up tho it's very good and it's easy to play around with.



Accessories: As per the rest of the series, he comes with an extra head, this time it's a shouting face. He also comes with 1 set of Sai's plus a throwing star and a Kunai Throwing knife. he also has 4 sets of hands. I probably prefer Michelangelo's accessories over Raphael's. They could have thrown in something a bit more specific to the show, E.g a pizza or a Turtle Communicator.



Raphael has the swappable belt piece just like Michelangelo.


For scale :)


Two brothers together.


I've not quite got around to buying the other two turtles yet but it'll definitely happen. The quality of these figures is just great. I'd have killed for them as a kid ha.

I highly recommend these figures to anyone tempting themselves but are not quite sure. They are way better in hand then I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment