Tuesday 20 July 2010

Enterbay Ip Man (Donnie Yen) Preview!!

Woo Enterbay has finally given full details and specs for their crack at Ip Man, as played by the Hong Kong movie legend Donnie Yen. God I am so getting this, I don't care what people say on the forums about Enterbays quality control etc, So far I've been happy with everything I've bought from them and I'm very excited to get my hands on this piece. Shipping estimated mid to late August.



The likeness is spot on and even if it's half as  good as the preview shots, it's still going to be an amazing figure. The sculpt is provided by their master sculptor Y.J Park, he's done some fantastic work for Enterbay already and to be honest (in my humble opinion) is the best 1/6 head sculptor in the industry. What I love about his work is that his sculpts always capture a little bit of emotion each time. Something Hot Toys often gets criticised for is their almost blank doll like faces that some figures have (ahem Sam Worthington as Perseus for example)

According to the official Enterbay site, the body is a newly developed RM-3 body. Let's hope it's a bit better than the previous RM attempts. My Jack Bauer is more unsteady on his feet than the real Kiefer Sutherland ha. Enterbay does state that this body will have more articulation than previous and will also be lighter to improve stability. (I've actually always liked how chunky and heavy Enterbay bodies feel but I guess it is a danger for those wanting to display figures high up on a shelf)


I guess more than a few people will be buying this just to do a Donnie Yen custom figure, the one great thing about Yen is that he's hardly aged in 20 years haha, take your pick of the film characters you want to 
re-create.


Something worth noting is the mention of the stand (pictured below) It's fully metal and his shoes are magnetic which holds him in place, hmm interesting idea. Just hope his ankle joints are strong eh?


Sigh now all I need is for them to announce a Drunken Master Jackie Chan, Sigh I can dream.


The wooden dummie is a cool addition. Can't wait!


He's going to come with the following:

  • The iconic black Chinese suit
  • The white Kung Fu shirt
  • A pair of black Kung Fu shoes equipped with magnet chips , stand tight on the metal stand provided.
  • RM-3 Body
  • 4 Interchangeable Wing Chun Hands – intricate hand detailing.
  • Exciting Kung Fu accessories – a Wing Chun Wooden Dummy with tile print metal stand and a Wing Chun booklet that would have demonstration on the Wing Chun routines
  • Chicken feather duster
  • Deluxe Box Set Packaging


They've also released a box art preview for those that are interested.


2 comments:

  1. I did indeed watch the movie, I've been a very big fan of Hong Kong action for quite some time now. Was great seeing Donnie Yen on top form. Some of the fights are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete