Friday 13 August 2010

Hot Toys True Type Advanced Version (base bodies)

Well my camera finally arrived so I'm back up and running. Took some quick test snaps last night, had these two figures for a couple weeks now, they are the Hot Toys base bodies. The costumes they have on are a mix of various different spare pieces I had lying around. 


I'm really please with the sculpts that Hot Toys have produced for the two advanced version bodies. They are very life like, seems almost a shame to not use the heads that they come with ha.



As for articulation, well it's a True Type body so it poses amazingly and has a huge range of movement as always. I will say though that I thought the ankles are a bit spindly, it's not such a big problem if you use Hot Toys type boots because then the boot attaches directly onto the ankle itself (replacing the foot altogether)
I was using a pair of DID's slip on boots and I have to say posing him was a little awkward due to his ankles struggling to support the figures weight tsk!.



The jacket he has on is from Marcus Wright figure (Terminator Salvation)


You may recognise the black base body as non other than American President Obama, ha thought he suited being a Jedi quite well actually. I christen him Obama-Wan Kenobi.



One thing I don't get about these two is that they come with these leg pieces that clip onto the thighs (pictured below) I guess the idea is to bulk the leg out but when I used them the figure just looked weird. Luckily you can just slip the pieces off.




Obama-Wan Kenobi Staring down the republicans.



Both are very good and available for a pretty decent price. I highly recommend getting them now before the price creeps up. I'm probably going to put the white base body to use on my VTS City Detective set that's on the way. As for the black base body, I may do a President Obama bash for a laugh, or just leave him as a Jedi heh.

1 comment: