Sunday 18 April 2010

Hot Toys Marcus Wright Review

Terminator Salvation! Well I don't know about most people's opinions on this film, but I have to be straight up and say I really enjoyed it. I've heard people say "it was at least better than Terminator 3" and although I agree, its still not really a fair comment, Salvation, I thought was wayyy better than 3; like in a different league completely.

Anyway When Hot Toys announced they would be covering the Licence to the film I was really excited, and boy they did not disappoint.
My first actual figure from this licence was the T600 figure (I'll get around to putting some pictures up of him soon) But firstly I wanted to show off Marcus Wright played by the Australian actor Sam Worthington.

He comes with two different Jackets, firstly he has his trademark Blue coat that he is seen wearing in the first half of the film, he of course takes this coat from a dead resistance fighter that he comes across. Part of the detailing on the jacket of this figure is top notch as in the below picture, he has the correct red marker on his left arm which signifies the coat belongs to someone who has "earned to wear the colours"

Additionally he comes with the jacket given to him by a female resistance fighter in the second half of the film. Personally I prefer the blue coat, but I can't deny how good the workmanship on this miniature leather biker jacket is.

In particular I love the rubber shoulder pad he has on his right shoulder, very Mad Max! Check out those tiny pockets with studs too.

He also has leather trousers on too, which are just as well made as the jacket, I especially love the boots and chap thingy's he has over his boots.

Once you get his jacket off you get down to the really cool stuff though. Just like in the film he has damage to his skin, which reveals really cool terminator machinery underneath.

His body is built from the standard (and really good) Hot Toys TTL body. It stands well and hangs with convincing weight. All the joints are stiff and can hold a pose with ease. Surprisingly his arm articulation doesn't suffer too badly from the latex covering each arm has. Underneath the latex skin there's some pretty rigid joints at work and the skin is just thin enough to allow a large range of movement.

Some close ups of the cool damage to his skin, Some people have said the blood looks comic and not real enough but I'm really happy with the grizzly look.
The skin is really soft and you can see right into the wounds.


Of course Hot Toys didn't stop there, he also comes with another head sculpt, like as in the film he has the skin torn back to reveal Marcus's Terminator skull underneath.

The detailing is great, and even close up, it still stands up to scrutiny.


I love the fact one of his eyes has the red tint to it, Normally I just display Marcus with the none damaged head as its the look I prefer, but I have been tempted to splash out on a second body so I can display both looks side by side.

Overall I am very happy with this figure, Great sculpt, Great outfit and all the extra pieces he comes with gives a great amount of variety when your posing him on your shelf. Here's one more picture of Marcus, look out behind ya sonny! Its one of them Torminata fellas!

2 comments: