Tuesday 9 October 2018

1/6 Hot Toys MMS241 The Winter Soldier Review

I've had Bucky for a while now but thought I'd lift him out and take some pictures. Even though the film ends with giant floating battleships, I still appreciate the more down to Earth feel that rest of Captain America: The Winter Soldier has. I  personally loved the film and ended up buying multiple Hot Toys figures based on the film.


Enjoy the rest of the pics n quick figure review.




Figure Review: There's something about the face and sculpted hair that I really enjoy on this figure. He has a great look. He actually comes with two heads - one with black face paint on that is a full face sculpt and another that has clean skin but has a non removable mouth piece. Overall the figure is great but not my most favourite figure by Hot Toys. There's just something about this figure that feels like he's going to fall apart at any minute - the leather straps and various pockets kept coming unglued and every time I touch him one of his guns either falls out of it's holster or just flat out falls apart. In the end I had to get the old gel glue out and start fixing his straps and pockets into place. Not what you expect when spending so much money on one of these figures.

 Articulation wise HT went with a muscle body under a padded leather vest which is never a good combo so he has very minimal movement, and due to the fact he feels fragile it discouraged me trying to get any interesting poses. I love his metal arm but I would have preferred a double jointed elbow. I'm still pleased I got him and he looks great with Cap (pictured below) but given some of the mad prices of seen on ebay (400 quid) I wouldn't recommend getting him on the aftermarket unless you really want to round off your Captain America: Winter Soldier collection.


















Accessories






Coke can for scale



No comments:

Post a Comment