Sunday 6 May 2018

S.H.Figuarts Harley Quinn action figure review

Today I'm looking at the Figuarts Harley from Japan. Released by Bandai.
I've said it previously but I know a lot of people had issues with Suicide Squad but in the main people enjoyed Margot Robbie's portrayal of Harley Quinn.

Batter up, lets get on with the review n pics!




Sculpt:  Harley comes with 3 separate heads, a closed mouth smile, an open mouth smile and a more serious face. All are very good (considering the very small scale). Overall the sculpt work across the whole figure is fantastic, there is an abundance of detail from head to toe. I love all the detailing on her jewellery and clothing. One thing you can't knock Bandai/Figuarts for is the outstanding sculpt work they do. 



Paint: The paintwork is to the usual high standard, I especially like the metallic blue and red on her jacket, it's got a great tone and really pops in person. The paintwork is clean with very little slop or bleed. When you get very close the paint on the face suffers a little bit, this is in part due to the limitations inherent in the process that Bandai must use to produce face sculpts, without researching it I assume they are using some sort of scan and then 3d print process, with the face sculpts being painted by machine from a face scan. If I had to describe the paintwork on the face I'd say 'pixelated' if that makes any sense.



Articulation: Harley's articulation is pretty basic but better than average. If you're at all familiar with Figuarts stuff you know what to expect, the joints are stiff enough to hold a pose but never feel too stiff (like some NECA stuff) and she has basic swivel joints at all the major points. Whilst you can't get her in any extremely deep poses, you can basically pose her in most of the iconic positions. The design of the boots allow her to have articulated ankles too which helps the figure massively. She also has ball jointed hips and shoulders which makes her easy to pose up too.



Accessories: She doesn't come with a ton of accessories but I'd say she has enough. I'll count the 2 extra heads as accessories on top of the 3x sets of hands she comes with. Lastly she also comes her revolver and baseball bat. I know Figuarts stuff doesn't usually come with a stand but I really feel this one should have come with one. Given that she has high heel boots on, making her stand on her own can be a challenge depending on her pose.




When I saw this figure first announced I knew I had to get it. It can set you back a bit (70 poundish in the uk) but I'd say for the avid Figuarts collector she's worth it. I find that just simply due to the nature of the stuff I collect I don't have a huge range of female characters in my collection so I always jump at any really good female figures.


Coke can for scale.


The below picture is to highlight how good the sculpt and paint is on her er jacket. Look at that jacket and all it's fine detail......


No comments:

Post a Comment