Tuesday 5 July 2011

Hot Toys Sgt Barnes - Platoon.

Sgt Barnes as played by Tom Berenger in the 1986 Vietnam war film Platoon.
Well What can I say? I love this figure, and I have to admit I'm on a bit of a Nam binge atm, having recently re-watched Platoon and then finally getting around to watching Apocalypse Now (yes for the first time) I do like a bit of Nam n explosions. Hope you enjoy the pics. 



Grained up the below pic, gritty!



He comes with a great kit but to be honest I prefer the look as seen in the pictures, included in the box is a metal helmet and large military rucksack. Pfft who wants to display him with a dorky helmet on anyway (not to mention I think Hot Toys got the scale slightly wrong so it looks huge on his bonce)




As you can see, Sgt Barnes is my Second Platoon figure from Hot Toys. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that they'll release a Sgt Elias figure. COME ON HOT TOYS DON"T FAIL ME NOW!

2 comments:

  1. The scars on this figure is pretty realistic..Great score anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Desmond, yeah the scars great isn't it! I enjoyed photographing him plus it's been a pleasure getting back online to upload some of my pictures (I moved house and have been offline for a bit :( doh)

    ReplyDelete