Saturday 3 September 2011

Hot Toys Whiplash (Iron Man 2) Jumpsuit alteration.

Well I finally got around to changing the colour of Whiplash's jumpsuit. For legal reasons Hot Toys Could not release the figure with the correct orange jump suit as seen in the movie, tsk. So they went with a brown jumpsuit instead (see at the bottom of this post for the example)




I'm sure many people have asked "how can I change my Whiplash jumpsuit to orange?" Well fear not because it's pretty easy. Don't faff on with dye or anything, just take the jumpsuit off and soak it in some bleach diluted in water (I made it quite strong) I moved it around in the bleach for about 10 minutes until the suit turned red, then I just rinsed it out with warm water and that was it! 


The batteries are running a bit low on the figure doh, his ARC reactor on his chest is looking a bit sad. 


I originally hesitated in getting this figure, but I'm pleased I got him in the end, especially now that he's closer to being screen accurate.


Heres what the figure looks like out of the box with the brown jumpsuit. 
I highly recommend you bleach the suit, it's so easy and looks so much better.


I believe the change was linked to Whiplash wearing a Monaco pit crew uniform in the movie, and the company requesting royalties for the uniform to be used. Greedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment