Sunday 3 October 2010

Neca Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Thought I'd upload some pictures of the superb Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures that I bought recently.
I missed out on these at the time when they were released, but always planned to get them at some point. 


Each Figure is amazingly articulated. It's what I always look for in a figure, a perfect balance of aesthetics and functionality. I love the fact the whole figure is made from a slightly softer than normal plastic. It gives them a great look!


I would have died for a set of these as a kid haha.


Michaelangelo's Nunchuks come with real chain connecting them. Very cool.


The guys that created these (Four Horsemen) on behalf of Neca did an amazing job with each face, I love Raphael's face, It captured his character perfectly.


The versions I bought came with a piece of street scene each (pictured below) and a set of spare hands (pictured above) Additionally each figure comes with little nick nacks like a cannister of ooze, or extra weapons etc. You can buy all four figures in a box set version also but buying them that way will not bag you all the extras. (Neca left the extras out of the boxset to drive the cost down)


A closer look at the 4 mini turtles and cannister of ooze.


I highly recommend these figures for Turtles fans past and present. They are a joy to pose up and photograph.  My only gripe is that they are pretty expensive these days. I really wouldn't leave it much longer to pick these up. Fantastic job Four Horsemen!

4 comments:

  1. Yes Doon, the sculpts of these figures are good and great paint job done on the figures too. Great score :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much were these in the secondary mkt over thr Doon? I was pretty tempted to get these too sometime back but was quickly taken aback by the price tage imposed by one of the eBay seller over here....*yikes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woops talk about delayed response. Some how I missed this comment, yeah they were fairly pricey but I managed to sneak in a fairly low bid for all four figures, think it was about £60 I payed in the end, + P+P of course.

    ReplyDelete