Sunday 9 May 2010

Virtual Toys Stone Cold Killers Review (Bruce Willis)


Woo this finally arrived the other day - because of that stupid volcano casting a cloud over the UK all my Hong Kong imports have been massively delayed BAH!!
So let's take a look at it then eh? For those that don't know, this is a figure based on Bruce Willis' performance as Hartigan in the movie Sin City. Yet another movie adaption of a Frank Miller Graphic novel.

The packaging, though simple is nicely done and classy. This is my first Vitual Toys purchase and I'm really pleased with it.

Of course being a smaller less known company, this figure comes minus a body. Not a problem for someone like me that has spare parts kicking about. The head fits onto a range of bodies such as Hot Toy's True Type, or DID's base body. Personally I went for the narrow shoulder True Type, some say the wider shoulder Type Type is better, but I reckon it would make the character appear too buffed up.

Well here he is, all dressed up and things. VTS have done a great job, and for a much lower cost than the usual high end figure.

Some people have really slammed the head sculpt saying its way off, or bug eyed. Can't say I agree though. If anything I'd just say it's a likeness based half on Bruce Willis and half on the character Hartigan.

The Revolver he comes with is pretty good and as you can see opens up. Everything moves as it should and even the little hammer can be pulled back.

The detailing to the bullets is a nice touch too.

Unlike Hot Toys range, the shoes are actually seperate pieces from the foot and slip on and off. I love the detail and the fact they are actually laced up. D.I.D often do this with their models and I don't understand why Hot Toys never use this method.

The raincoat has a wire running through it which allows for walking into the wind type poses. Simple but effective.

The stubble is great, it's just carved onto the sculpt itself but looking at it with the naked eye gives a great effect. The photographs don't really do it justice.


Even this close up the sculpt stands up pretty well. Not bad from such a small firm.


Full on movie pose! The outfit is well stitched and made from a very convincing material.


Here's Wore Fred hopin for an autograph.

4 comments:

  1. hey thr Doon....thks fr dropping by my page. You've got an impressive array of collection yerself here! Are you frm Tyneside btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Doon, nice collection you got there mate. Fellow collector here from Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebel and Armand, thanks for the comments. I'm hoping to keep building up my collection further cuz it's reached the point that I'm now addicted haha. Btw I'm from Just off Tyneside, a Place called Blyth (its 20 minutes from the centre of Newcastle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Willis head sculpt but didn't get this as I don't like "Sin City".

    ReplyDelete